Thursday, October 6, 2011

Redesign

Overall my blog is not very appealing. It is fairly easy to read because of the simple color scheme but sometimes the text gets highlighted and I can’t read the quotes. At times the white text can be distracting and difficult to read. There is also a lot of white space that can distract readers from the text. The blog is not inappropriate but its design does not focus on the English class or academics it focus on Frisbee which does not make scene with the props of the blog. If I was writing about sports or Frisbee it would make sense but it does not work very well with the purpose of the blog.

I think that it does represent me well as a student and as a writer. It is very simple and not flashy. In my writing I try to be descriptive but it is difficult for me to make long showy descriptions and have descriptive flowery writing. I think that the theme represents me well as a person also. It is a Frisbee player and since I play Frisbee I think it represents me well. It is not very focused though and the design is a little confusing. I only uploaded one picture and it looped it and copied it down the page. It was very distracting and took away from the overall look of the blog. It also showed all the posts on the main page which made it very long and hard to navigate. I also did not title my posts so it was hard to figure out what they were about.

To improve my blog the first thing I tried to do was making it more professional. I started with the theme. I changed my theme from plain black and white with a distracting picture behind it. I used a picture template from the blogger website and put my pictures on the side rather than the background. I also chose new pictures and tried to change the theme of my blog and make it more visually appealing. I used a picture of hiking and then one of the Arizona desert. They are related and work very well with the background which is a blurry mountain scene. It looks really cool and makes the blog look more professional and represents me more as a writer and student because it is still simple but it is more polished and descriptive. Another thing I did was added a news feed at the top this was inspired by the Yahoo home page which shows you news and alerts on the homepage. I also fixed all of my blog posts. They did not have titles and all of them were on the home page which made them very confusing. I gave all the blogs titles and limited it to only the most recent blog on the main page which makes it much less confusing. Another blog that inspired my layout was a blog called “The Good, the Bad, and the Outdoors the layout was very simple but it was very appealing and easy to follow and I tried to incorporate that into my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment